Summary: Are you looking for an easy, quick and affordable way to seamlessly convert XF200 MXF to AIC MOV for editing in iMovie?
Hot search: HC-W850 AVCHD to iMovie | 3D MTS to iMovie | H.264 MOV to iMovie
Further building upon the successful features of the XF105 and XF100 professional camcorders, the Canon XF200 professional camcorder supports two recording formats- MXF, a file format used by broadcast stations, and MP4, which offers high versatility through its compatibility with various viewing and content providers such as web browsers and television news outlets.
“A couple of days ago a client sent me some MXF files that he shot with a borrowed Canon XF200. I imported XF200 MXF files to iMovie 11, but if I click on it or try and put it on my timeline, it gives me a general error message and says ‘error: out of memory’. I spoke with an Apple Tech, he suggested that I convert Canon XF200 MXF to AIC or QuickTime video. I tried to convert the MXF file in MPEG-2 but it said, ‘Error: can’t prepare the movie’. Can anybody please tell me how to solve this problem?”
MXF format is not well supported by the editing software like iMovie, you may encounter many ingesting problems. To get Canon XF200 MXF files work normally in iMovie without rendering time, the best solution is to convert Canon XF200 MXF to iMovie compatible format. After googling, we will get that Apple InterMediate Codec is the one that can be supported by iMovie. So you’ll need a professional MXF Converter for Mac to help you to get the job done.
Here Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac (review) is highly recommended as it is an easy-to-use and intuitive Mac tool for camcorder users. It’s good at converting MXF recordings shot by Panasonic P2, Canon XF series and Sony XDCAM camcorders to formats compatible with your video editing software like iMovie/FCE, FCP, Avid Media Composer, Premiere and more.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mxf-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pavtube-mxf-converter/id502807634?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QID8K28
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177789.html
How to convert Canon XF200 MXF to AIC MOV for iMovie?
Step 1: Download Mac MXF Converter, and follow the prompts to install the program. When the installation is complete, the best MXF to iMovie Converter will launch automatically.
Step 2: Click “Add video” button to load Canon XF200 MXF files or directly drag the files into file list. By default, the files are selected. You can delete files which you don’t want to import to.
Step 3: Click “Format” bar to determine output format. For best image quality, click the format bar and choose “iMovie and Final Cut Express>>Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)” as output format.
Step 4: Click “Convert” button to start to convert Canon XF200 MXF to AIC MOV format. After conversion, import the converted MXF videos to iMovie for real time editing and mastering.
Conclusion: You can set auto shutdown in progress window or leave it there and come back later. There is no more difficulty in editing Canon XF200 MXF in iMovie.
- Enjoy Sony HDR-TD10 3D MTS/M2TS on Zeiss VR One with iPhone 6
- Convert Hauppuage PVR Video Files for Using with Apple TV 3
- Play Sony Handycam 3D MTS Videos with Side-By-Side on 3D LG TV
- Start Workflow from Sony A7s 50p/100p XAVC S to FCP 7
- Import Sony HX400V MTS to iMovie for Further Editing
- Convert Sony HDR-CX440 XAVC S to DNxHD MOV for Avid MC
- Play MTS/MPG/VOB/TiVo Files on Nvidia Shield Tablet
- Convert and Import M2T to iMovie