Summary: Did you have the problem with working with H.265 files in DaVinci Resolve? If you did, please continue reading. This article is exactly talking about how to put best workflow with H.265 files in DaVinci Resolve.
H.265 codec, also known as High Efficiency Video Coding, is very suitable for transferring and storing 4K video. Though H.265 codec is so great that more and more camcorders record Ultra HD videos in H.265 codec, there are only a few video editing applications support for dealing with H.265 files perfectly. So if you couldn’t work with H.265 files in DaVinci Resolve smoothly, it won’t be surprising. First thing we should do is checking which types of files DaVinci Resolve can handle natively.
You can see H.265 codec isn’t in the list from the picture above. So it’s hard to say whether DaVinci Resolve is able to edit all types of H.265 files. In order to have no problem with editing H.265 files in DaVinci Resolve, we’d better transcode H.265 files to DNxHD codec which DaVinci Resolve can handle perfectly.
Here I recommend Pavtube H.265 Video Converter for Mac(Windows version) to help you work with H.265 files in DaVinci Resolve on Mac El Capitan. This H.265 video converter is able to assist you to transcode H.265 files to DNxHD codec for DaVinci Resolve. In addition to this, it also supports to convert H.265 files for Premiere Pro CC and PinnacleStudio.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to work with H.265 file in DaVinci Resolve
Step 1. After installing this H.265 video converter, run it. Then click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" button to browse and choose your H.265 files.
Step 2. For converting H.265 files to DaVinci Resolve, just click the format bar and follow "Avid Media Composer" to choose "Avid DNxHD 1080p(*.mov)".
Step 3. Once the setting work is done, click the big "Convert" button in the main UI to start converting H.265 files to DaVinci Resolve. When the conversion is finished, you are able to work with H.265 file in DaVinci Resolve with no problem. Enjoy!
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac: If you want to rip popular BD movies for editing in DaVinci Resolve, you can try another software - Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. This program can help you rip BD movies out for further conversion and editing.
- Import Samsung NX1 H.265 Recordings to Avid Media Composer for Editing
- Import NX500 4K H.265/HEVC to AE CC for Editing
- Decode Samsung NX1 H.265 Videos to ProRes 422 HQ for FCP X
- Best Way to Import Samsung NX500 H.265/HEVC to iMovie
- Enjoy Christmas H.265 Recordings on Sony 4K Android TV
- Import H.265 codec to FCP X on Mac OS X El Capitan
- Import Phantom 4K Video to Davinci Resolve LiteImport Phantom 4K Video to Davinci Resolve Lite