Summary: If you don’t know how to work well with H.265 files in Pinnacle Studio, please take few minutes to look through this article. You may get some useful tips to fix it.
There are three versions of Pinnacle Studio – Studio, Plus and Ultimate. From the sheet of Pinnacle official website, we can see that only Pinnacle Studio Ultimate version is able to support for editing 4K Ultra HD videos. And as far as we know, 4K Ultra HD video has some special codec which is designed for 4K specially, such as H.265 codec. So if you have problem with editing 4K H.265 videos in Pinnacle Studio, you would need to make sure that the version of Pinnacle Studio on your Mac is Studio Ultimate.
If your Pinnacle Studio version is not Ultimate, don’t worry, we are still able to work well with 4K H.265 files in Pinnacle Studio. We would just need to downgrade 4K videos to 1080p (1920 x 1080) and transcode H.265 files to MPEG-4 format which is compatible with Pinnacle Studio. From the sheet mentioned above, we can know that Pinnacle Studio supports 1080p MPEG-4 files.
Here I’m going to introduce a good App to you for editing H.265 files in Pinnacle Studio - Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. The App has a preset HD MPEG-4 output profile to let you choose. Once you select the HD MPEG-4 output profile, you don’t have to adjust 4K to 1080p, because this output profile will make the App to adjust 4K to 1080p automatically. In addition to this, this App supports for converting 4K H.265 videos to Premiere Pro for further editing.
If you need a Windows version, please turn to Pavtube HD Video Converter.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to Work well with H.265 files in Pinnacle Studio
Step 1. You can drag and drop your 4K H.265 files to this App directly.
Step 2. For Pinnacle Studio, please click on the format bar and follow "HD Video" > "H.264 HD Video(*.mp4)".
Step 3. Finally, click the "Convert" button in the App to start converting 4K H.265 to MPEG-4. When the conversion is finish, you can work well with H.265 files in Pinnacle Studio. Enjoy!
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac: If you want to cut some clips out of popular BD movies, you can try our another software - Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. This program can help you finish this editing work efficiently.
- Edit GoPro Hero 4K Footage in Sony Vegas Pro
- Import Sony PXW-FS5 4K XAVC/AVCHD to Premiere Elements
- How can I Edit and Play GoPro Hero 4 4K Video on TV
- Transfer and Edit Zenmuse X5/X5R 4K Video to Premiere Elements 12/13
- Import 4K Red Files to Final Cut Pro X for Editing
- Easily Import Canon XC10 XF-AVC 4K/1080p MXF to Sony Vegas Pro 13