Summary: Get Sony A7S II XAVC S 4K Video imported to Avid Media Composer for smooth editing workflow with the solution provided in this article.
Sony A7S II, the best low-light mirrorless camera, now supports 4K recording at up to 100Mbps bit rate with minimal compression noise. The files are saved in widely compatible XAVC S format with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression codec.
For people who are going to have some professional editing work of Sony A7S II XAVC S with Avid Media Composer, this is the right place for you to find some beneficial tips about achieving a fast and fluid workflow of A7S II 4K XAVS S in Avid Media Composer.
Sony has created a special free of charge AMA plug-in for Avid which provides support for XAVC and XDCAM/XDCAM HD files in Avid Media Composer. However, XVAC S is not currently supported natively by Avid Media Composer. To import Sony A7S II 4K XAVC S to Avid for smooth editing, a third-party software is required to convert XAVC S to DNxHD.
Here, the ease of use program but reliable application -Pavtube Video Converter for Mac (Get Windows version) is recommended to you. It is cable of transcoding Sony A7S II 4K XAVC S to Avid Media Composer best compatible editing codec DNxHD mov. The program also helps to encode XAVC/XAVC S to Premiere Pro CC, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Final Cut Express and other NLE editing programs highly compatible editing formats.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QIBK0TQ
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
How to Transcode Sony A7S XAVC S 4K Video to DNxHD for Avid Media Composer Professional Editing?
Step 1: Input Sony XAVC S 4K video files.
Start the program on your computer, add Sony XAVC S 4K video to the program by clicking the "Add Video" or "Add folder" button.
Step 2: Choose Avid DNxHD mov format to output.
Click "Format" bar, from its drop-down list, select "Avid Media Composer">"Avid DNxHD(*mov)" as the desired format for editing in Avid Media Composer.
Step 3: Customize output video and audio settings.
Open "Profile Settings" window to adjust output video and audio parameter settings according to your own preference. For smooth workflow of Sony A7S II video with Avid Media Composer, you are recommended to downscale 4K XAVC S to 1080p from "Size(pix)" drop-down selection.
Step 4: Start the conversion process.
After all the setting is over, go back to the main interface and hit right-bottom "Convert" button to start Sony A7S II 4K XAVC S to Avid Media Composer 1080p DNxHD conversion process.
Further Reading :
- Hot Topic on Sony A7II Review and Video Recordings
- Transcode Sony Alpha a7II XAVC S to MOV with ProRes HQ/DNxHD/AIC codec
- Make Sony a7 II XAVC S Accepted by Avid Media Composer on Mac OS X
- Best Way to convert Sony PMW-F5 XAVC to Prores 422 HQ for FCP
- XAVC to FCP 7: Sony FS7 XAVC File Structure and FCP 7 Workflow
- Importing MTS files from Sony Alpha 7 to Premiere Pro, After Effects
- Any Idea of Importing Sony a7 II XAVC S footage to Sony Vegas Pro 13/12/11?
- Sony Alpha a7II Workflow with Premiere Pro CC/After Effects CC