Here is guide about the issue of converting Tivo to MPEG-2 for premiere pro CC on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10. If you have these problems, don’t worry,this guide is written for you.
TiVo is a popular home setup box for recording favorite TV drama programs and movies for later playback. And you can transfer the TV recordings to your personal computer by using the Tivo Decode Manager. The only problem with the TiVo files is that they are not always compatible with the editing software you may want to use,such as premiere pro CC onYosemite.
First you should know, TiVo is an encrypted video format, that’s why few editing softwarelike Premiere Pro CC can not edit it and some freeware can’t handleit. To get the work done, here is the best converterPavtube HD Video Converter for Mac (Read more choices) to convert TiVo to MPEG-2 for PPro CC on Yosemite.
• Various output video formats(e.g. m3u8, H.265 MP4, MKV, etc.) that supported for popular editing tools and media players
• Turn 1080p/720p MKV, XAVC, H.265, MOV, MXF, MTS, AVI, MPG, VOB to compatible format for free playback, editing, uploading and burning.
• Powerful editing functions (e.g. trimming, cropping, adding watermarks, add video effect, etc), we also called it ‘Tiny Editor’
• Audio and video sync technology that can handle your original files smoothly
If you are windows users, there is also a free converter. Learn more. In the following paragraphs you will learn how to encode TiVo files to MPEG-2 for editing in PPro CC on Yosemite.
Step 1: Download and install the corresponding version. Click “Add video” on the main interface to load Tivo files to the program. Tivo files are different from other file formats , which requires a Media Access key when you import the file. You can also combine several Tivo clips by checking the "Merge into one file" box.
Step 2: Tap "Format" bar and choose MPEG-2(*.mpg) video format from "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas" as the output file format for Premiere Pro CC on Yosemite.
Step 3: If you want a smaller size when the free apace is not enough, you can click "Settings" to adjust Bitrates (kbps) and Size (pix).
Step 4: If you want to remove Tivo commercials, you can click "Edit" on the top to enter video editor window. Follow the "Trim" tab to choose the i/o point; click OK to confirm the trimming.
Step 5: Click the “Convert” button to start compressing Tivo files to MPEG-2. After the conversion, click the ‘Open’ button to locate the output files and transfer the files for editing in PPro CC on Yosemite.
There is all-in-one converting tool named Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. It not only contains all the features of Video Converter for Mac, but also can rip Blu-ray, DVD and ISO files.If you are windows user, you can transfer files from the Mac to Windows. (Learn more)
Tivo Decode Manager can help you stream TiVo recordings to Mac.
1. Run the app, and enter your TiVo's IP address in the TiVo IP Address box.
2. Click the Prefs button in the lower-right corner.
3. Fill in the Media Access Key to get the TiVo files to the download Queue list.