Summary: Beneficial tips and solutions for importing and editing Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S with Avid Media Composer Windows Mac.
The HXR-NX100 NXCAM professional handheld camcorder from Sony brings high-quality, adaptability and ease of use to a compact, handheld body. The camera recording to a variety of formats, frame rates and codecs. It supports the XAVC S codec recording Full HD video at up to 59.94p, AVCHD 2.0 up to 59.94p and DV for SD video. This article will talks about the importing and editing issues of Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S video with Avid Media Composer.
As one of the most widely used NLE for professional film and video editing, Avid Media Composer give its users extended real-time production, automated media management and accelerated workflows. Avid Meida Composer has the capability to import XAVC files with the help of AMA plug-in for Avid offered by Sony, however, it does not support XAVS files even with extra plug-in software. The best solution is to use a third-party program to convert XAVC S to DNxHD codec, which is engineered by Avid technology to create mastering-quality media at reduced file size.
There are many software can produce DNxHD codec on the market, one of the simple to use application is Pavtube Video Converter for Windows/Mac. The program can efficiently encode Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S to DNxHD codec for smooth editing workflow with Avid Media Composer. For those peple who are going to switch to other professional editing program like Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro CC, Sony Vegas, etc, you can also turn to find help with this beneficial application.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QIBK0TQ
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
How to transcode Zenmuse X5/X5R 4K video to Avid Media Composer?
Step 1: Add Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S video files.
Click the "Add Video" button or "Add from folder" button to import source Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S video files to the program. You can add multiple video clips at one time.
Step 2: Choose output file format.
Click the "Format" bar and select "Avid Media Composer" > "Avid DNxHD (*.mov)" as output format.
Step 3. Edit Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S video.
Open "Video Editor" window, here you can trim video length, crop video file size, apply special effect, add image or transparent text watermark, add subtitles, replace or remove original audio, etc.
Step 4. Convert Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S to DNxHD codec.
Click the "Convert" icon under the preview window, it will start to convert Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S video to Avid Media Composer supported DNxHD mov format.
When the conversion is finished, hit "Open output folder" on the main interface to import converted Sony HXR-NX100 DNxHD mov files to Avid Media Composer for professional editing.
- Import and Edit Sony RX10 II XAVC S with FCP 6/7 Mac OS X El Capitan
- Import Sony HXR-NX100 XAVC S footage to Premiere Pro CC/CS6 for editing on Mac
- How to Import and Edit Sony A7S II 4K XAVC S with Premiere Pro CC?
- Best Workflows of Sony A7S II XAVC S 4K Video to Avid Media Composer
- Will PS4 Be Able to Play 4K XAVC S Footage on a 4K TV?
- Top 3 Best XAVC/XAVC S Video Converter for Mac Review
- Comparison with MP4 and XAVC S from Sony HDR-AS100V