Summary: In this article, I will concentrate on solving the problem with importing VOB files to Premiere Pro CC on Mac El Capitan.
The most exciting new feature of Adobe Premiere Pro CC is making visually stunning videos virtually anywhere. It has been more powerful than previous version of it. VOB format is a container format in DVD-Video media. It is the file type to store video on a DVD disc. Some media players can support to play VOB videos. But many users who wanna edit VOB videos in Adobe Premiere Pro CC feedback that they can not use the VOB files in Premiere Pro CC on Mac. Something like this below:
When I import the VOB files copied from a DVD using Premiere Pro CC, the video info Frame Size and Aspect Ratio of the last VOB files comes in "wrong" when it should be the same as all of the other files. It always seems to be the last file and it always seems to be off by the same amount. I can Interpret Footage back to the same aspect ratio as the rest of the VOB files, but I cannot seem to fix the incorrect framesize. I am using Premiere Pro CC Version 7.2.1(4). Thanks in advance for any help. - forums.adobe.com
How does this happen? The reason is Adobe Premiere Pro CC only support Apple ProRes 64-bit, AVI, DNxHD, M2TS, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MTS, WMV, etc, and it does not support part of VOB codec perfectly. But VOB format is widely used by most DVD disks. We’d better find a way to fix this problem? The best solution is transcoding VOB videos to the format Premiere Pro CC can support fully. Here is a VOB converter highly recommended for you. Pavtube Video Converter for Mac can finish this process easily for you. It can not only convert VOB files to Premiere Pro CC, but also transcode XAVC, AVCHD into Premiere. Now you can download and try it from the links below:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QIBK0TQ
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
Step by Step to Show You How to Import VOB to Premiere Pro CC on Mac.
Step 1. Load VOB files to the software
Click “File”, then click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" on the top menu to browse and choose VOB videos you want to convert.
Step 2. Choose the proper output format
We have prepared the best format for After Effects CC, just go to the output format list where you need to follow “Adobe Premiere/Sony Ve…”＞ “MPEG-2 (*.mpg).”
Step 3. Edit VOB with video editor (Optional)
Before converting and importing VOB to Premiere Pro CC on Mac, you can use the video editor to do some pre-editing work like cutting unwanted segments, crop annoying black edges in your videos, add watermarks for remarks or fun, add special effects, etc.
Step 4. Start converting VOB files
Click on the red "Convert" button in the mail UI to start converting VOB videos.
You can find your videos by clicking the "Open" button. Then you can import the converted VOB files to Premiere Pro CC for free.
- Import Canon XC10 XF-AVC MXF 4K/1080p to Premiere Pro CC
- The workflow for converting MXF to Premiere Pro CC
- Bring OBS Recorded 1080/60p Videos to Premiere Pro CC on Mac
- Convert Panasonic CM1 4K MP4 to MPEG-2 for Premiere Pro CC on Mac
- H.265 to PPro: Edit Samsung NX1 H.265 in Premiere Pro CC on Mac
- Transfer and Edit Sony FDR-X1000 XAVC S with Premiere Pro CC Mac
- Import and Edit GoPro Hero 4K with Premiere Pro CC
- Import Samsung NX1 H.265 to Premiere Pro
- Import Canon C200 MP4 Proxy to Premiere Pro