"I can't import any XDCAM MXF file into DaVinci Resolve. While importing, always got the error message. I don't understand why I can edit my Canon MXF files in DaVinci Resolve but the file from my Sony XDCAM MXF seems not to be importable. Have I lost some important metadata?"
As a matter of fact, XDCAM MXF (for more information about the XDCAM format, see this PDF document on the Sony website.) footage is not the native format for DaVinci Resolve 9/10/11/12. If you accidentally meet with the problem, the best solution is to convert XDCAM MXF to DNxHD format, which is proved to be one of the most compatible one with DaVinci Resolve 9/10/11/12(QuickTime, ProRes, DNxHD is well supported by DaVinci Resolve editing system).
Based on our multiple testing, we finally work out a solution to editing XDCAM MXF Files in DaVinci Resolve 9/10/11/12 flawlessly. In fact, it is easy, fast and worth the effort. The best way to let DaVinci Resolve 9/10/11/12 work with XDCAM MXF clips is to convert these XDCAM MXF files to Davinci Resolve most compatible format like DNxHD.
Pavtube iMixMXF (Best Mac (multi-track) MXF Converter Review) is just what you want.
Overall, it is an easy-to-use yet powerful high-quality XDCAM MXF converter, player and editor. This software can deal with almost all kinds of XDCAM MXF videos. With it, users can effortlessly transcode XDCAM MXF files for smoothly editing in DaVinci Resolve 9/10/11/12. What's more, it can generates more optimal editing formats/codecs for you to use in different NLE apps, such as Final Cut Pro 7 / X, iMovie, Avid Media Composer and more.
Besides, it can support the multiple audios as output, would you like to have a try?
The trail-before-purchase is supported, just feel free to try it, it is 100% clean and safe:
Other More Key Features of Pavtube iMixMXF
- iMixMXF Supports batch convert Sony XDCAM MXF files with amazing quality and fast speed.
- iMixMXF can help you convert then import XDCAM MXF video to FCP X/7, iMovie, FCE, Avid MC, Premiere Pro/CS 4/CS 5/CS 6, Pinnacle Studio, QuickTime, iTunes and other editing applications.
- iMixMXF supports import XDCAM MXF to all Apple/Android/Windows tablet and smartphone.
- Batch conversion, concise guidance, friendly interface, three steps, fast speed and best quality.
- Allows us to edit XDCAM MXF video files: Clip, Crop, Merge, Apply effect, set output parameter, Snapshot, Rotate etc.
If you are a Windows user, and in need of edit the XDCAM MXF videos in Windows Movie Maker,Sony Vegas, Adobe After Effects,etc. Please turn to Pavtube MXF MultiMixer Converter.
How to Convert XDCAM MXF Files to DNxHD for DaVinci Resolve 9/10/11/12
Connect the camcorder to computer and transfer XDCAM MXF files to hard drive. Download the Pavtube iMixMXF Converter and install it to your Mac(compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard and lower versions).
Step 1. Add XDCAM MXF files
Click "Add Video" button to load XDCAM MXF files to the program. You can also directly drag the video files into the program directly.
Tip: If you like, adjust video and audio parameters, including the Bitrate of Video and Audio, the Codec of Video and Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., by clicking the Settings button on the main interface for getting the best quality.
<img data-cke-saved-src="http://www.multipelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/adjust-output-parameters.png" src="http://www.multipelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/adjust-output-parameters.png" width="500" "="" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif, Tahoma; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal;">
Step 3. Start the conversion
Finally, simply hig the big Convert button to start converting XDCAM MXF to DaVinci Resolve 9/10/11/12 friendly video formats.
Within several minutes, you can find the converted file on your computer by clicking the "Open" button. And then you can import the converted files to 9/10/11/12 easily.
Pavtube Media Magician / Mac Version: A nice camcorder assistant manager, lossless camcorder video joiner, MTS/ M2TS/ MXF/ P2 MXF/XDCAM MXF / MOV/ MKV/ TiVo/ WMV/ AVI/ MPG converter and editor. Meamwhile it supported upload edited video to YouTube directly.
- Convert XDCAM MXF to Multi-track ProRes MOV for FCP
- Convert Sony XDCAM EX Files for Editing in NLEs
- Edit XDCAM EX MP4 Files in Premiere Pro CC
- Play and Edit XDCAM MXF on Mac Nicely
- Edit Sony XDCAM MXF with Movie Studio 13 Platinum
- Import Phantom 4K Video to Davinci Resolve Lite
- Encode 4K MXF to MP4 in 4K/HD/3D on Mac
- Import JVC GY-LS300 4K Video to Davinci Resolve 14