Summary: This step-by-step guide shows you how to convert Sony HDR-PJ440 MTS to MPEG-2 with only clicks for Premiere Pro CC smoothly editing, and you can free download the converter in this guide.
Hot search: MXF to Premiere Pro CC | XAVC to Premiere Pro | MP3, FLAC, CAF, OGG to Premiere Pro
One of my friends has a Sony HDR-PJ440, which is the best camcorder as he thought. He captured many videos with his PJ440 like 1080/60p AVCHD, XAVC S, and he wants to edit the AVCHD recordings with Premiere Pro CC thus he can share the videos with us and upload video on the website. But while he trying to import MTS clips from Sony HDR-PJ440 to Premiere Pro CC, the program can’t be compatible well with these AVCHD files.
As far as we know AVCHD format is a delivery codec not for editing, so it is not compatible with many editing software, such as Premiere Pro CC. That is to say, Premiere Pro CC doesn't supports Sony PJ440 AVCHD well, it takes much time to render. If you want to smoothly import and edit Sony HDR-PJ440 AVCHD video with Premiere Pro CC, you should convert Sony HDR-PJ440 AVCHD to .mpg format encoded with MPEG-2 codec, that is best supported by Premiere Pro CC.
Based on our testing, you can get a professional video tool like Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac (review) to finish the conversion task. It can easily convert Sony HDR-PJ440 MTS files to MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac OS X without quality loss. It can generate best editing format/codec for filmmakers and video enthusiasts to use in different NLE apps, such as Final Cut Pro 6/7/X, Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/CS5/CS6/CC, Avid Media Composer 4/5/6/7, Adobe After Effects, iMovie, Final Cut Express, and more.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mts-converter-mac/
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MTS-M2TS-Converter-Download/dp/B00QIE3U0Y
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MTS-M2TS-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177029.html
How to work Sony HDR-PJ440 AVCHD videos with Premiere Pro CC?
Step 1: Drag and drop source Sony HDR-PJ440 AVCHD videos to the main interface. Or click “Add Video” button to import videos.
Step 2: Set up output format for Sony HDR-PJ440 AVCHD to Premiere Pro CC. From format list, choose “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas>>MPEG-2 (*.mpg)” for output.
Step 3: This program offers some editing functions. You can tick “Merge into one file” under the preview window. And click “Edit” button, you can make changes to the video effects as you wish. In the editing window, you can trim your favorite part from the video, crop the frame size, adjust the visual effects, or add watermarks or subtitles. If you want to change the video parameters, go back to the main interface and click “Settings” button, you can select the video encoder, resolution, audio channel and more. This function is something worth trying. You can get the work done splendidly.
Step 4: Press the “Convert” button to start Sony HDR-PJ440 AVCHD MTS to MPEG-2 .mpg conversion.
Conclusion: Once finished, click “Open” to get converted videos. Then you could transfer them to Premiere Pro CC for editing.
- Edit Sony RX10 MK II in After Effects CC/CS6/CS5/CS4 Smoothly
- XDCAM EX BPAV to DaVinci Resolve Workflow
- Editing Sony HDR-TD10 3D .mts/.m2ts Footage in Premiere Pro and FCP X
- Convert AVCHD MTS/M2TS Files on Mac OS X El Capitan
- Get Phantom 3 4K MP4/MOV Files Work Well with After Effects
- Downsize Sony 4K XAVC to 1080p for Playing Smoothly
- Import Canon C100 Mark II AVCHD to Premiere Pro
- Edit iPhone 7/7 Plus Video in Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5
- Top 5 Best Online MTS Converter Websites
- Convert Video with Aiseesoft MTS Converter