Summary: If you are confused about the complex function buttons in some professional video editing applications, I’ll introduce an user-friendly Garmin VIRB XE Footage editor to you in this article. I hope you’ll like it.
Garmin VIRB XE is able to take 1440p (2560×1440) HD MP4 videos at 30 fps. If the resolution of your Mac is lower than 2560×1440, you may not edit Garmin VIRB XE videos in iMovie or other software smoothly from time to time. To fix the particular problem, I suggest you to install a third-party App which is able to pre-compress VIRB XE 1440p footage so that you can perform the editing work smoothly later.
Here I introduce an excellent App to you - Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. This App is able to finalize the pre-compression function during you edit Garmin VIRB XE 1440p Footage in its built-in video editor. When you use the App, you’ll find it’s not only an easy-to-use video editor, but also a video converter. You can add watermarks or subtitles to VIRB XE videos or trimming the video to two or three parts, after that, you can convert them to FCP X for further editing on Mac El Capitan.
If you want a Windows version, please turn to Pavtube HD Video Converter.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to Edit Garmin VIRB XE Footage smoothly
Step 1. Click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" button to choose VIRB XE footage.
Step 2. You can use the video editor to do many editing work like cutting unwanted segments, crop annoying black edges in your videos, adding watermarks for remarks or fun, adding special effects, etc.
The picture below is about the detail of editing buttons.
Play/Pause: Click to start playing the current video or pause the playing.
Stop: Click to quit playback.
Previous Frame: Click and go back to the previous frame.
Next Frame: Click and go to the next frame.
Left square bracket: Click to set the start time for trimming.
Right square bracket: Click to set the end time for trimming.
Flip Horizontal: Click to flip the image horizontally.
Flip Vertical: Click to flip the image vertically.
Flip 90°towards left: Click to flip the image 90°towards left.
Flip 90°towards right: Click to flip the image 90°towards right.
Special Effect: Add special effect to source files.
Reset: Click to restore default value.
Step 3. Click the big "Convert" button to start outputting the final footage. When the App hints the editing job is done, you are able to locate the final files to share or for other uses. Enjoy!
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac: If you edit popular BD movies, you can try our another software - Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. This program can help you rip the movies out for further editing work.
- How to Edit Non-Gopro - Mobius SJ4000 ActionCam Footage in GoPro Studio
- Import MOV, MKV, WMV, MXF, TiVo, H.265, FLV, MP4 to GoPro Studio
- How to convert an .AVI file for use in GoPro Studio, using only freeware
- Can’t Load Sony PXW-X400 XAVC L MXF to Premiere Pro CC? Solved!
- Can't play M2TS files in Windows Media Player 12/11? Solved!
- Load Sony PXW-X400 XAVC L MXF to Avid Media Composer