Summary: Are you having no idea of how to import Sony Z7 M2TS files to Final Cut Pro X successfully? It’s very simple. Just read on this guid.
What kind of problem could we meet when importing Sony Z7 M2TS files to FCP X
On Apple forum, many Sony Z7 users feedback that they have problem with importing Sony Z7 M2TS files to Final Cut Pro X for editing. The specific circumstance is as follows:
"I read that FCP X now supports import of .m2ts files. I use a SONY Z7 recording to the CF card. But in FCPX, the m2ts files are still pizza wheel in the import window. Any idea please?
iMac, 20Gb RAM"
How does it happen?
Although FCP X claims it supports M2TS files, Final Cut Pro X isn’t able to handle all kinds of parameters with M2TS files from various cameras. So, importing Sony Z7 M2TS files causes pizza wheel. From another angle, Final Cut Pro has its own most compatible codec - Apple ProRes 422. This codec is developed by Apple Inc, Final Cut Pro X certainly can handle Apple ProRes 422 files more smoothly than M2TS format.
If you want to know more about Apple ProRes, please check Types of Apple ProRes Codecs, Apple ProRes Info & Tips,Apple ProRes Specifications.
What should we do to fix it?
Interestingly, FCP 7, one of the old versions of Final Cut Pro, is happy to read Sony Z7 M2TS files and convert them to HDV spec. MOVs. You can give it a try to use FCP 7 to help you fix the problem.
Or, find a professional third-party program, just like - Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac, to assist you to convert M2TS to Apple ProRes 422 codec. This program is not a M2TS to Apple ProRes 422 converter, but also a quick video editor can do lots of editing work with Sony Z7 M2TS files. Besides, it supports converting several M2TS files in the same time. If you want to know more about this software, please review Best MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac
Pavtube Facebook Rolls out 2015 Thanksgiving & Black Friday & Cyber Monday Crazy Promotion with 50% OFFfor All Video Converter Softwares
1. When converting M2TS footage using Final Cut Pro oriented format templates(e.g. Apple ProRes), please ensure that your computer has Final Cut Pro installed, otherwise the converted files will have audio only without image.
2. If you are using FCP X, please make sure you have installed ProApps QuickTime Codecs, or you may get files with sound only without video.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mts-converter-mac/
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MTS-M2TS-Converter-Download/dp/B00QIE3U0Y
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MTS-M2TS-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177029.html
Steps of Converting Convert Sony Z7 M2TS to Final Cut Pro X
Step 1. First of all, copy Sony Z7 M2TS files to Mac. The quick way to import M2TS files is dragging them into the program. Or you can click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" button to browse and choose your M2TS files.
Step 2. This M2TS converter has preset the most suitable output profile for Final Cut Pro X, Just click on the format bar and follow "Final Cut Pro" > "Apple ProRes 422(*.mov)" as the proper codec for FCP X.
Step 3.(Optional) You can use the video editor to do some editing work like cutting unwanted segments, trimming the part you want to save, add watermarks for remarks or fun, add special effects, etc. This picture is about how to trim M2TS videos.
Step 5. After all steps are done, click on the big "Convert" button in the UI, then the M2TS converter will start converting Sony Z7 M2TS files to Apple ProRes 422 immediately. You can find the converted videos by clicking the "Open" button.
Finally, you are able to import and edit Sony Z7 M2TS files in Final Cut Pro X without any problem. Enjoy!
If you want to convert more formats like MXF, AVCHD, XAVC, to Final Cut Pro X, you can try our another software -Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. This program can help you finish the conversion in a very short time.
- Import Canon C500 (PL) 4K MXF Recordings to Final Cut Pro X
- Work with Sony PXW-X320 XAVC in FCP 6/7 Smoothly
- Panasonic DMC-G7 4K MP4 to FCP X Workflow
- Canon XF300 MXF to FCP 6/7/X Workflow
- Samsung NX500 H.265 4K to FCP X Workflow on Mac El Capitan
- Convert P2 MXF to Apple ProRes 422 on Mac for Final Cut Pro
- Import Samsung NX1 H.265 to FCP X