FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) is an open source audio file format that is royalty free and supported by a number of multi-media playback programs. Unfortunately, most of the media players including iTunes do not support this file format and you will end up wondering how to actually play this file in your system! If you are caught in a similar situation, then one of the most convenient solutions available for you is to convert the FLAC file into other format for iTunes. After you have converted the FLAC file, you can now play it in iTunes smoothly!
iTunes supported formats
Audio file format support. iTunes can read, write and convert between MP3, AIFF, WAV, MPEG-4, AAC and Apple Lossless (.m4a). iTunes can also play any audio files that QuickTime can play (as well as some video formats), including Protected AAC files from the iTunes Store and Audible.com audio books. But iTunes does not support FLAC format.
Best Program to Convert FLAC to iTunes on macOS Sierra
There are a number of such format convertors available in the market but if you are looking for the best audio converter, then nothing beats the Pavtube Video Converter for Mac is a complete audio/video management software package that allows you to do a number of things.
Some of the most important features supported by Pavtube Video Converter for Mac include:
- Pavtube Video Converter for Mac can be used by the customers to make conversions into a number of file formats. The software supports more than 160 file formats for conversions.
- Pavtube Video Converter for Mac can convert various audios like FLAC, AC3, WMA etc, videos like MKV, AVI, MP4 etc to iTunes supported audio and video formats.
- Pavtube Video Converter for Mac allows you to convert audios and videos to iTunes, iPhone, iPad, QuickTime, Apple TV etc supported formats.
- When you install Pavtube Video Converter for Mac, you can do a variety of things using the software like editing the video. It is complete video management software.
- Pavtube Video Converter for Mac provides its customers with the feature of batch converting which means you can convert a number of videos at the same time with the same rate.
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 10.8, 10.9; Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.
<< For Windows user, we prepared the free software - Free Video DVD Converter Ultimate. With it, you can convert FLAC and other videos/audios to iTunes supported MP3 etc on Windows (10) freely for perfect playback.
Free download this FLAC to iTunes Converter for Mac
Convert FLAC to iTunes supported Audio on Mac (macOS Sierra)
Step 1. Load FLAC videos into FLAC to iTunes converter
You can drag any FLAC file in Finder and drop to the program or add them by choosing "File" menu > "Load Media Files". It allows you to add several video files at a time and convert them at one go.
Step 2. Choose iTunes format
On the bottom format tray, select the video format. In our case, we are converting FLAC to MP3 for iTunes. Select the MP3 format from “Common Audio”.
If you want to sync the converted video to a specific devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, QuickTime or other devices, you can choose your device model from an array of device-specific profiles.
Step 3. Converting FLAC to iTunes on Mac
Click the "Convert" button to initiate the conversion. The resulted videos will be smaller in file size, leaving more free space for your other multimedia contents. It fully supports Sierra so if you're using this version of macOS, you'll benefit more on FLAC to iTunes conversion.
- Transfer all Music to USB drive to listen in a car
- Remove DRM off iTunes Video and Convert iTunes Video to Galaxy Tab
- Convert WMA to MP4 or MP4 to WMA on Windows/Mac
- How to Convert MP4 to M4A
- Get Lossless FLAC from Pure Audio Blu-ray for Playback on Sonos with Hi-res Audio Quality
- How to Extract and Convert MKV FLAC 5.1 to AC3/AAC 5.1 in MKV for playing?
- FLAC vs WAV vs WMA: Convert Audio Files on iOS Devices
- Best MP4 to Audio Converter for Windows/Mac