“I'm running into a bit of an issue trying to get VirtualDub to load .MKV files that have their video encoded in HEVC. I have the VirtualDub .mkv filter installed and it reads and loads the file, but gives a "No Video" warning on the video frames.
The only codecs I have installed on my systems is ffdshow (with VFW enabled) and XVID. (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit)
What else do I Need in order to get HEVC video into VirtualDub?”
As you may know, VirtualDub, as stand-alone, cannot handle MKV, MP4, FLV, MOV or any other files besides AVI. But there're still ways to load them with this video editing software. Now try out the following method to use MKV file formats as input in VirtualDub other than AVI for editing MKV in VirtualDub without any problems.
Best MKV to VirtualDub video tool
Pavtube Video Converter can convert MKV video to VirtualDub editable format - AVI with three clicks. Besides, it also can merge several MKV files into one big file for converting to VirtualDub editable format. (Mac version - Pavtube Video Converter for Mac)
Powerful features of Pavtube Video Converter
• Easily convert MKV, MP4, H.265, MOV, FLV and other formats to AVI for VirtualDub.
• Merge saveral MKV and other videos into one big file for batch convert for VirtualDub.
• Adjust video settings such as codec, bit rate, resolution as you need.
• Native codec support for iMovie, FCP X, FCP 6/7, FCE, iMovie, Apple Aperture 3, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects CC, Adobe Premiere Elements, DaVinci Resolve etc
• Customize video by trimming, cropping, rotating, adding effects, etc.
• Fastest conversion speed with no quality loss.
• Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Read: best VirtualDub Alternative, 4K/1080p/720p MOV to VirtualDub
Free download the MKV to VirtualDub video converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Softonic Download: http://pavtube-video-converter.en.softonic.com/
How to Convert MKV to AVI for VirtualDub?
Step 1. Add video files to the program
Add your video files onto the program either by clicking "Add Files" to browse your local directory or the convenient drag-and-drop feature.
Step 2. Set right output format. Click "Format" bar, and select .avi from "Common video" or "HD video" to suit VirtualDub.
Tips: Edit MKV Files before Converting
Go to “Merge into one File” tab to merge several MKV files into single one.
Go to “Edit” tab and open “Crop” “Effect” “Watermark” “Audio” tab to adjust video zoom, adjust image brightness, and add watermark etc.
Go to “Setting” tab to adjust video bitrate/codec/resolution and more.
Step 3. Click the "Convert" button on the main interface and the software will start to convert MKV video to VirtualDub friendly video formats immediately. When the conversion finishes, click "Open" to find the converted video files. Then you can effortless transfer the video files to VirtualDub for editing perfectly.
- Importing MKV to Premiere Pro CC for editing
- Best Workflows of Sony A7S II XAVC S 4K Video to Avid Media Composer
- The workflow for converting MXF to Premiere Pro CC
- MP4 video can be used perfectly in Premiere Pro CC
- Edit DJI Phantom 4 4k videos in Davinci Resolve Lite Smoothly
- How to Get AVCHD MTS Workflow with DaVinci Resolve (Lite)?
- Edit GoPro Hero 4K Footage in Sony Vegas Pro
- The Best Way of Converting Sony Z7 M2TS to Final Cut Pro X
- GoPro Video Converter: Convert GoPro Camera 4K Videos to Any Format