DaVinci Resolve is a powerful professional non-linear editing program with which users can edit and grade the video in real time. DaVinci Resolve can import many video formats for editing including the video file directly from the cameras. When you add video files like MOV to Davinci Resolve, you may come across problems. This could happen because of the different video or audio codecs in a number of MOV files as Resolve (even the latest Davinci Resolve 12) might not support all of these codecs.
Davinci Resolve supported file formats
Codec support: DPX, CIN, EXR, QuickTime, Prores, DNxHD, MXF
Camera raw support: Blackmagic Design cameras, CinemaDNG RAW, CinemaDNG RAW, ARRIRAW Alexa™, Amira™, RED Camera R3D files including +5K, monochrome and HDRx, Cineform™, Cineform™ 3D, Phantom Raw™, Nikon™, Canon™ C300, C500, 1D, 5D, 7D and the raw cameras from, Panasonic™, Sony™ F65/F55/F5 RAW and their XAVC variants.
So in order to import MOV video into DaVinci Resolve successfully, we need to convert MOV video file to DaVinci Resolve supported video format with supported video codec, like MOV Apple ProRes 422, DNxHD, etc.
Best MOV to DaVinci Resolve Converter - Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac
This program features high efficiency and seamless conversion. With it, you can convert any video file incluing MOV and other video like MP4, MTS, M2TS, AVI, XAVC S, VOB, FLV, and more to DNxHD encoded MOV files - ensuring maximum editing quality and efficiency when working with Davinci Resolve (Davinci Resolve 11/Davinci Resolve 12 included). If you're a Windows users, you can turn to Pavtube Video Converter which can help you transcode MP4 to DNxHD for Resolve on Windows (Windows 10 included). Below is how to do it.
*Top-trending MOV Converter - Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac*
- - Convert/transcode MOV to DaVinci Resolve best editable format on Mac
1. It supports to convert MOV videos to 100+ formats, including MOV, MP4, AVI(XviD), M4V, ASF, MPG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, WMV, FLV, MKV, etc.
Also: Best Tool to Convert MOV to any formats for Apple/Android/NLE/TV/VR/PS4/Plex etc
Hot search: MP4 to DaVinci Resolve ǀ AVI to DaVinci Resolve ǀ H.265 to DaVinci Resolve
How to convert MOV to DNxHD for editing in Davinci Resolve smoothly?
Step 1. Add MOV videos to the program
Start up this program as a MOV Converter for DaVinci Resolve. When its main interface pops up, click "Add Video" button to input your source media on the main interface.
Step 2: Choose output format for DaVinci Resolve(necessary!)
To convert MOV to DNxHD for DaVinci Resolve, you can from ‘Format’ bar, select ‘Avid DNxHD (*.mov)’ as output format under ‘Avid Media Composer’ column. You may see other suitable ones for other NLEs such like FCP, Premiere Pro, iMovie, etc.
Tips: If necessary, you can click ‘Settings’ button and go to ‘Profiles Settings’ panel to modify video and audio settings like video encoder, resolution, video bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio, audio encoder, sample rate, audio bit rate, and audio channels.
Step 3. Start the conversion
When ready, click "Convert" to start format conversion. As soon as the conversion is complete, you can click "Open" button to get the exported MOV files for use in DaVinci Resolve with optimum performance. From the guide above, you may find it is so easier for us to import the MOV files to DaVinci Resolve for editing.
Download the best DaVinci Resolve Converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
- Top 5 DaVinci Resolve Alternative and Similar Softwares for Mac
- Edit DJI Phantom 4 4k videos in Davinci Resolve Lite Smoothly
- Canon 5D Mark IV 4K Video Recording, Review, Editing
- Why I can’t import MPEG to iMovie on Mac?
- Easily Solve “FCP X won't edit AVCHD files” issue
- How to Import DJI Phantom 4K videos to Premiere Pro?
- Importing AVCHD MTS/M2TS to Camtasia 2 on Mac OS X
- Best Workflows of Sony A7S II XAVC S 4K Video to Avid Media Composer
- The workflow for converting MXF to Premiere Pro CC
- How to Get AVCHD MTS Workflow with DaVinci Resolve (Lite)?
- Edit GoPro Hero 4K Footage in Sony Vegas Pro
- The Best Way of Converting Sony Z7 M2TS to Final Cut Pro X
- GoPro Video Converter: Convert GoPro Camera 4K Videos to Any Format
- Import Phantom 4K Video to Davinci Resolve Lite
- Import JVC GY-LS300 4K Video to Davinci Resolve 14