MXF is a multimedia container format standard specified. It is most commonly used to store digital video and digital audio streams, as well as other data such as subtitles and still images and Windows Movie Maker doesn't recognize it natively. In this article we will introduce how to import MXF to Windows Movie Maker without any problems.
If you want to directly open MXF in Windows Movie Maker, you will be frustrated for WMM not supporting MXF format. There are some formats supported by Windows Movie Maker, such as .WMV, .asf, .AVI, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpv2, and .wm. Have you found MXF? No! In order to solve MXF and Windows Movie Maker incompatible issues, you'd better turn MXF to Windows Movie Maker supported formats first instead of downloading the MXF codec for Windows Movie Maker which may be complicated to users.
Then, Pavtube MXF Video Converter will be the best solution here. With this ideal MXF to Windows Movie Maker Converter, you can convert MXF to WMM most compatible format like WMV, AVI easily and fast. The video quality won't be reduced through conversion. This powerful video converter also can convert other videos including MKV, AVI, MOV, MXF, MTS, etc to Windows Movie Maker, Vegas Pro, Pinnacle Studio, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro and more NLE supported format on Windows (Windows 10 included). Besides, with its built-in Editor, you can crop, trim, add effects, subtitles to your MXF files as you need. Download the tool and follow the guide below, you will be able to turn MXF to Windows Movie Maker recognized formats in few minutes.
read: top 5 best MXF video converter review/best alternatives to Windows Movie Maker
Free Download or Purchase Pavtube MXF Video Converter:
Transocode MXF to WMV, AVI for importing in Windows Movie Maker
Step 1: Add MXF files
Install and launch the MXF Video Converter, and then click "Add video" button to import your MXF files to the software. If you wanna combine MXF video clips into one file, you can click the "Merge into one file" box.
Step 2: Select output format
Just go to "Format" bar to choose WMV format in "HD Video" or "Common Video" column. (AVI is also an editable format for Windows Movie Maker.
Step 3: Convert MXF to Windows Movie Maker
Click the "Convert" button under the preview window, the converter will start encoding MXF clips for importing to Windows Movie Maker.More helpful features of the MXF to Windows Movie Maker Converter:
1. Settings- Click it to customize audio and video parameters Video Codec, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels.
2. Editor (next to "Add video" icon)- Click to set add watermark, deinterlace, trim, crop, add subtitles, etc.
Soon after the conversion is finished, just click "Open" button to get the converted MXF files for edit in Windows Movie Maker perfectly.
- Convert MP4 to/from Windows Movie Maker
- How to Play a Torrent File in Windows Movie Maker?
- Import and edit MTS/M2TS files with Windows Movie Maker
- Edit Canon XF200 MXF in iMovie
- How to Edit DNxHD MXF files Natively in DaVinci Resolve 9/10/11/12
- Encode MXF to Apple ProRes on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP
- Free Convert Windows Movie Maker Files to AVI
- Import Android Video to Windows Movie Maker
- Encode 4K MXF to MP4 in 4K/HD/3D on Mac