Outline: Many people are still fail to put mxf footages to iMovie directly. What's the matter? How to deal with such MXF to iMovie importing problem? Well, this article will answer your questions.
If you are a videographer, whether professional or non-specialist, you may usually encounter some importing issues when attempting to edit Sony/Canon/Samusng MXF videos in iMovie 08/09/11. Let’s see some the reason and the solution.
Part 1. Why Convert MXF to iMovie?
The MXF format is a professional video format used by HD camcorder like XF305, XF300, XF105, XF100, Panasonic P2, etc. The recorded MXF videos present vivid images. However, it's a headache to edit MXF video in iMovie (iMovie 11) since it's not recognized by iMovie. In order to successfully import MXF files to iMovie for editing, the best solution is to convert MXF to iMovie supported video formats like MXF or MOV.
Part 2. How to Convert MXF to iMovie?
First you need to download one professional MXF to iMovie video converter. How to choose one best MXF to iMovie video converter to converting MXF to iMovie supported format for smooth editing. One such software of great quality is Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac, an easy-to-use yet powerful app which can effortlessly encode SD/HD/4K MXF files to ProRes 422 MOV, which ensures best results when working with iMovie (11) on Mac OS X (El Capitan included). The Mac video conversion tool can also create files compatible with other non-linear editing systems like Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, FCP, Sony Vegas pro, Cyberlink PowerDirector, Windows Movie Maker, Sony Movie Studio etc. Just download the program and follow the step-by-step guide to make your MXF files compatible with iMovie (11).
Free Download or Purchase the best MXF to iMovie video converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QIBK0TQ
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
Easy steps to encode .MXF files to iMovie (11) quickly
Step 1: Load MXF files to the program
Launch the MXF to iMovie Converter and click "Add video" button to locate the .MXF file(s) you want to add. Check the "Merge into one file" box, you can join several .MXF clips together if necessary.
Step 2: Choose iMovie preferred format
Click "Format" pull down list to select iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov) as the best video format for iMovie (11).
Step 3: Edit the MXF videos (Optional)
By clicking "Edit selected task" button, you can trim, crop the video, or add watermark, adjust effect, attaching subtitles for pre-editing your video files so that you can simplify your iMovie editing.
Trim – Choose to reserve the part you need. Just choose the chapter which you need to trim, to set "start time" or "end time", type the portion which you want to save.
Crop – Remove black edges of your video or just get the scale of this video you want.
Effect – Adjust the effects by adjusting the parameters, such as:
1) Deinterlacing – If there are some stripes on the picture, you can check this option to make a better picture effect. (Checked by default)
2) Under Effect tab, you can add special effects like Simple Gauss Blur, Flip Color, Invert, Aged Film to your source video. In Color Control section, you can correct color by adjusting brightness, contrast, and saturation.
Audio Editor – You can replace/remove original audio, and set audio fade in/out effects.
Subtitle – You can add *.srt or *.ass/*.ssa subtitles to the video as hard subtitles.
Step 4: Adjust the video, audio settings (Optional)
Click "Settings" to fix the frame rate, bitrate, video size, etc to your needs. To have a smooth editing with iMovie, you need create the files with the appropriate resolution and frame rate that matches your source footage.
Step 4: Start MXF to iMovie conversion
Click "Start conversion" button at the bottom right corner to finish endocing MXF to AIC .mov for iMovie (11) on Mac OS X. After the conversion, click "Open" to locate the encoded videos and then launch iMovie,choose File > Import > Movies..., to import the converted MXF video into iMovie; prepare for editing. You will find that it's just a piece of cake to edit MXF files in iMovie (11).
- iMovie Won’t Import MP4 Files? – Solved!
- Can't Import (4K) H.265 videos to Cyberlink PowerDirector? - Solved!
- Convert MP4 to/from Windows Movie Maker
- Import Canon EOS Rebel T6 footages to FCP X/7/6
- GoPro Video Converter: Convert GoPro Camera 4K Videos to Any Format
- Edit GoPro HERO4 Black 4K Videos on Premiere Pro CC on Mac El Capitan
- Encode 4K MXF to MP4 in 4K/HD/3D on Mac
- Convert and Import M2T to iMovie