In this article, we aim to outline the MXF and Avid Media Composer compatibility. If you are facing any relevant issues, read on to get the quick fix.
“I am trying to figure out how to go about importing MXF files into Avid.
The files were created in Avid (by a client) exported and uploaded to our server for us.
We download the files into the Avid Media Files folder and attempt to import them only to get an error message reading: "you cannot import this file into a bin. See the documentation about transferring media files"
Sometimes an error may be encountered when trying to import MXF files (like MXF from camera) into Media Composer.
To work around this, try the following:
Place the MXF files into a new folder within the AvidMediaFiles/MXF folder (for instance: /Avid MediaFiles/MXF/2).
Launch media Composer and open a project.
Open the newly created folder in the Finder. Inside this folder, you will see a couple of new files created by Media Composer, in addition to the MXF files you manually added.
Drag the file called msmMMOB.mdb from the Finder into the project bin.
This should populate the bin with any MXF files contained in the folder. It may take time to convert the files to the project format.
The Best solution for Importing MXF to Avid Media Composer:
This article will show you the easy way to import various camcorders or cameras recorded MXF files into Avid Media Composer supported formats by using Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac. The program is easy, clean and safe to install and use.
Overall, the program is one of the best choices to help you achieve your goal smoothly. It supports converting any SD/HD/4K MXF files to DNxHD for Avid MC, and other conversion like Apple Intermediate Codec, ProRes, MPEG-2 and more - ensuring the best results when using Avid, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere and more. In addition, you can encode MXF to any regular formats like MXF, MOV, AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, 3GP, VOB and more for different uses. Also the intuitive interface makes the MXF footage on Mac conversion quite simple. Well, if you meet the incompatible issue on your Windows PC, please turn to Pavtube MXF Video Converter to resolve it. Just download it and let's start the MXF to Avid DNxHD conversion.
- Canon XC10 XF-AVC MXF videos to Avid MC
- MXF to Windows Movie Maker Converter
- MXF to Sony Vegas Movie Studio 13 Suite
- MXF files not importing into Vegas Pro
- Canon MXF footages to Cyberlink PowerDirector
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mxf-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pavtube-mxf-converter/id502807634?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QID8K28
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177789.html
Adjust any camera MXF videos to Avid Media Composer file for smooth editing
Step 1: Install and run MXF to Avid MC Converter on Mac. Drag and drop .MXF videos to this software. Or you can click "Add video" button to import your MXF videos to the program.
Step 2: Click format column to Choose Avid Media Composer-> Avid DNxHD(*.mov) as output format for Avid Media Composer 8, 7, 6, 5, etc..
Step 3: Tap the "Convert" button at the bottom right corner to start transcoding MXF to DNxHD for Avid Media Composer. After the conversion, you can click "Open" button to get the generated MOV files effortlessly. Now, it's much easy for you to add MXF files to Avid Media Composer 8, 7, 6, 5, etc. for further editing.
- Make Sony a7 II XAVC S Recognized by Avid Media Composer on Mac OS X
- How to Important Sony RX10 III AVCHD/MPEG-4 videos to Avid Media Composer?
- Work DJI Phantom 4 4K in Avid Media Composer
- How to Prepare 2016 UEFA Euro 4K Videos for Editing with Avid MC?
- Convert MP4 to/from Windows Movie Maker
- Encode 4K MXF to MP4 in 4K/HD/3D on Mac